1. There are studies to back up the importance of yoga. They have proven that postural yoga, along with breath work & meditation can regulate blood pressure, heart rate and support respiration!
2. Yoga has been around for thousands of years & is one of the oldest physical disciplines in the world. It’s a lifestyle not just a “class”. It’s something you take with you off the mat into everyday life. The physical, mental & spiritual practices support you day-to-day.
3. Yoga is accessible to everybody! The word yoga is often interpreted as “to unite” and can also be seen as the union of consciousness to the divine. Everyone is on their unique path, & there is a huge variety of yoga styles to chose from. I’d recommend trying all styles of yoga & teachers before throwing the towel in! Be open minded.
4. Taming the monkey mind. The idea of monkey mind comes from Buddhism. It is to describe the mind that jumps from thought to thought as a monkey jumps the trees. The monkey mind cannot exist in the present moment, and with a combination of asanas, pranayama and meditation you can tame the monkey mind and focus on the present moment.
5. Savasana (corpse pose) is the most important & challenging asanas in a yoga practice. It’s a pose of ultimate relaxation which is why it’s so difficult, & you can struggle to release. It is the best form of rejuvenation, healing and calming the mind. It can also be a great time to open up & let out emotions you may be holding back.
6. We all have an aura, whether you feel it or see it, it’s effected by the way you think, who you speak to, the environment you’re in etc. The condition of the aura effects the physical body. Our energies flow in and out through the chakra system. In un-blocking & focusing on the 7 chakras, you’re linking the flow of energy to your aura.
I hope you’ve learnt something new about yoga! I’m always learning, even as a qualified teacher. There is so much to study!
⬇️Let me know why you love yoga in the comments⬇️